Level 2 Beauty Therapy
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (QCF)
This qualification has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills by covering the following mandatory units; facial skincare, waxing, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, manicure, pedicure, client care and health and safety. The further enhance your practical skills you will have the opportunity to cover makeup and either salon reception or display retail stock units.
Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practice in the Beauty industry and you will develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of each unit.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in beauty therapy to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to perform your own salon services.
- Follow Health and Safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Provide facial skincare
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Apply make-up
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon/Salon reception duties
Students are continually assessed throughout the course through practical and written tests and assignments.
Career opportunities exist in a variety of contexts as a Level 2 qualified beauty therapist, including:
- Working in commercial beauty salons
- Working in a retail concession in a department store
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a junior beauty therapist, learners may choose to develop their skills further by undertaking Technical Level qualifications in beauty therapy at Level 3, these include:
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make-Up (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services (QCF)
Course costs: £1400 for 1 year course (may be subject to change)
Students under the age of 19 are government funded, funding may be available for over 19’s depending on circumstances – ask for details on application.
Course entry requirements:
There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have prior to undertaking this qualification however a GCSE in English, maths and science are preferable.
Course duration: 1 academic year from September
A basic kit and uniform must be purchased for this course, please ask for further details.